Style That Item: New Lighting for Isabel



4 comments

Isabel's breakfast area table is awesome! I love the bold circular detailing of the chairs, and the glass table has a braided etching detail around the edges, adding a funky touch. It's definitely an inviting and cozy place for entertaining and noshing on Isabel's tasty creations!
For this edition of Style That Item, Isabel requested some assistance with finding a new lighting fixture for above her table. Having such a neutral space as a jumping board means options are a-plenty! I may have gone a little crazy with the amount of options I'm providing Iz, but I couldn't help it. I just kept on finding amazing fixtures!


I don't think I'm being overly cautious when I say that Isabel's beloved R probably won't be too keen on the first two suggestions that I found from our friends at Arcadian Home. They're definitely a very feminine focal point, but I adore the punch of color and texture that they'll bring to the space. Since they are on the pricier side, they can serve as DIY inspiration.

1 // 2


Speaking of DIY Inspiration, this next set of fixtures is all about that! Isabel is a total DIY pro {see her genius here and here}, so I thought that replicating any of of these fixtures would be right up her alley. I love the Mason Jar fixture the most, and I think R will stop snaring at me after those girly suggestions above since I suggested a drum pendant for this drumming dude in this set. {BA-DA-BUM, chhhhh}
1 // 2 // 3


Texture in a multitude of varieties fills this next set of fixture options. I love the simple construction of those wooden ball pendants, the shimmer of the capiz pendant would add some glamour and a luxurious feel to the space, and how fun and cozy is that knitted pendant?! It makes me wish winter were here already, so that I could go grab some hot cocoa, topped with lots of marshmallows!
1 // 2 // 3


Isabel loves a nautical touch, so I think she'll be fond of these next two suggestions. I LOVE the rope chandelier so much, and the striped pendant reminds me of some pillows that Isabel has in her den, assisting in creating a feeling of continuity amongst her spaces.
1 // 2


Keeping it simple is the name of the game with these next two cuties. I love the funky shape of the white wire chandelier, and there is a simple elegance and flow to fixture No.2.
1 // 2


Last up is my favorite set of lighting: Industrial Influences. I'm nothing short of obsessed with that bubbled light fixture. It's substantial, yet light and airy all at the same time. I love the wire chandelier's simple, understated weave pattern. Finally, I thought Isabel would really enjoy that clipped fixture, which would allow her to attach her favorite photographs, and rotate them in and out with ease. What a unique way to display her photographic talents, and it would serve as an awesome conversation piece!
1 // 2 // 3


I honestly can't choose an overall favorite since there are so many fixtures that make my heart skip a beat.  

Which is your favorite?


4 comments:

Amy Shaughnessy at: October 4, 2012 at 1:53 PM said...

I can't decide between the simple and industrial categories. Love them both!

Amy


Fashion and Beauty Finds

Qué Acierto! at: October 5, 2012 at 2:58 AM said...

Any of these lamps fit amazing at home. They are really original and stylish.

Maigen at: October 9, 2012 at 8:51 PM said...

Awesome finds! I have to agree with Iz about the UTTER FABULOUSNESS of the glass bubble chandi! Amazing! :)

*M

Kerry at: October 11, 2012 at 9:01 PM said...

Thanks gals!! xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...