30 to 30



5 comments
via
12-12-12 :: The date I will turn 30. Which is only about 30 days away.


Yikes.


There's something about turning 30 that makes a gal get all reflective. Well, at least this gal does. I feel all sorts of grateful for all that I've been blessed to experience, accomplish, and enjoy up to this point in my timeline {yep, even the super awful things, which I've had my fair share of}, and I'm crazy ecstatic about what life has in store.

Turning 29 last year felt like a slow death to turning 30. But since I was born on 12/12, I had it in my head that 2012 was my year. This last year in my 20s was going to be the best year ever. Well, it hasn't exactly been my year in all the ways that I imagined and hoped it to be. I've experienced more disappointments and frustrations than I expected I would, and am still waiting on a lot of things that I want more than I can express. But being the optimistic gal that I am, I know it will all come together for my good. And I have to admit that it has been a pretty darn good year, and definitely a great way to say adios to my 20s.

As I've reflected on my nearly three decades, I've tried to count my blessings...literally. I'm a list-writing gal, so I started to make a list of them. Have you ever tried that? It can seriously go on and on forever. They're really too innumerable to count. Having received so much, I really wanted to give. Pay it forward, you know? That's why I'm dedicating the next 30 days to doing things to try to bring a little sunshine and happiness into others' lives. I've made a list of acts of kindness, some random and anonymous and some not, and I'm excited to set to work on not only checking them off, but really being present and living them.

Bring it 30 to 30.

5 comments:

Lilly at: November 12, 2012 at 5:32 PM said...

This is a great idea! Now that I've seen how confident and content my husband is at 30, I'm kind of anxious to get there myself (something I never thought I'd say). I hope you'll keep us updated on some of your lists!

Lilly

Maigen at: November 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM said...

Okay, I LOVE this!! What a great plan!! Such a nice way to start another year!

I'm with Lilly, I hope we get to hear about some (or all) of your sweet strategems (sp?)!

*M

SewPetiteGal at: November 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM said...

That sounds fantastic! Will you be blogging about some of these?

Kerry at: November 13, 2012 at 7:53 PM said...

Thanks, gals! I appreciate your interest in my little project; I'll be happy to share as I'm further along! xoxo

Isabel at: November 24, 2012 at 10:23 AM said...

I'm ready for an update on the 30 to 30! Love the idea and how it's not a typical 30 to 30 list, but more about giving! That is so the Kerry I know.

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...