A Turkey-Topped Table



4 comments
One week until Thanksgiving! Can you believe it?! My, oh my, November is flying by!

Since I'm hosting Thanksgiving {and Christmas; divorced parents who are willing to be in the same room together = mandatory neutral territory}, I've been on the hunt for the makings of a delightful Thanksgiving tablesetting. I haven't found anything in particular that I want to recreate in its entirety, but I have found a lot of fun elements that I hope to mishmash together to make my turkey-time tabletop tada-worthy! I'll be posting my creation with you in the future, so be on the lookout! {UPDATE: Here's my Thanksgiving table.}

via - get the free printables here

via

via

via

via

via

via


And while the decor definitely adds great ambiance to Thanksgiving gatherings, what's really important is the food, y'all! Every single year without fail, my mom makes the most tender and delicious turkey. Literally, fall-off-the-bone succulent perfection. I've used her method to make a turkey once {the only time I ever made a turkey} and it turned out perfectly. Thankfully she was kind enough to write up her technique to share with y'all. It's fool proof. I totally recommend giving it a try.
PS: The one year I made a turkey, I put it in the oven at midnight and checked it when I got up around 7:30 or 8:00 am. Good thing I did because it was so juicy that the juices almost started to overflow out of the pan. So, it might be a good idea to check it about 7 or 8 hours into cooking, just to be sure your oven doesn't become a mess of overflowed burnt turkey juice.

Happy Thanksgiving preparations! What are you most looking forward to on Thanksgiving?



4 comments:

Lisa - respect the shoes at: November 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM said...

I wish I had some talent for turkey day decor, that first pic is gorge! But I guess I should consider myself lucky for not having had to host a big Thanksgiving get together yet - I don't know how other people do it!

Kerry at: November 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM said...

That first picture is my favorite too, Lisa! The white poms are actually made from coffee filters, can you believe it?!

Hosting a big Thanksgiving get together is fun, though it can be a bit stressful in the preparation stages!

xoxo

Maigen at: November 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM said...

I loooove the feathers & the gold pumpkin! So fun!

I am actually going to make your mom's turkey! I'll let you know how it turns out! :)

*M

Isabel at: November 24, 2012 at 10:17 AM said...

IN LOVE with that first pic - all the details! Let's recreate it and go photo crazy :)

Pinning a bunch of these NOW, my favorites being the dotted pumpkins, feathers (surprise surprise), gilded pumpkins, and corn in hurricanes? DUH!

Can't wait to try making your mom's recipe - it sounds Ah-MAH-zing!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...