Kerry and the Purple Crayon {Kerry's Monthly Love}



6 comments

I've always gravitated toward color, whether in my wardrobe or my home. I'm not one to wear all black often nor decorate an all white room {though I think both are totally timeless and classic}; it's just not me. I need color in my home and in my wardrobe. It makes me happy. And while I love color, one that I tend to not gravitate toward often is purple. {Aside: My husband actually wears a lot of purple. And I love it on him.} However, lately I find that I'm a purple loving gal, whether it be adorning homes or bodies. Just call me Harold.

Here is a roundup of a few of my favorite purple pieces, all of which I'm obviously monthly loving.


I saw this image in a recent One Kings Lane email, and I've been obsessing over it. I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to paint a wall purple in my home, but this is gorgeous. The purple wall, red table, and funky art and mirrors... I'm dying. Bravo, One King's Lane. Bra-vo.



Blair Eadie always gets it right, and this outfit is no exception. The red coat is gorgeous, but it's the pops of purple via her socks and gloves that make this look genius. And it totally reminds me of the vignette above. Do you see it, too?



lavender chair? Yes, yes, yes. I'm not a pastels kind of gal, but I'm loving all of these light-hued accents in this space. Lovely.



I adore this purple patterned tieback top. And don't even get me started on this genius level pattern mixing by Marni for H&M. Pretty, Pretty Printcess, indeed y'all.




I love this painting from Etsy shop LonadeAnna. It's so vibrant and interesting, and the purple is the real showstopper to me. I'm hoping to find a spot for it in my home so that I can make it mine. Muwah.



A top knot, studs, navy blazer, denim, and a perfect pop of color in the purple scarf? So simple and yet so stylish, and very easily recreated. Love.



A floral arrangement from my very own Thanksgiving table. The scheme all started with this napkin, and went from there. Since I'm on a purple kick, it was my first choice when it came to the floral arrangements, and I'm ecstatic about how they turned out.



Purple is universally flattering {especially on your eyes}, so why not purchase some purple for yourself and your home? I'm especially in love with the hue of those Hunter boots, and the adorableness of the The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm book cover. 
1 // 2 {score it for 20% off with code THANKS} // 3 // 4 {in Jolie Poupee} // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9



Are you a purple fan?


6 comments:

Amy Shaughnessy at: November 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM said...

I wouldn't mind purple rain boots. I don't know if I could paint a room purple. I don't think I'm cool enough to pull that off in my home!

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Helene at: November 26, 2012 at 1:31 PM said...

i love purple!! so pretty!

Lisa - respect the shoes at: November 26, 2012 at 7:54 PM said...

Strangely I don't have a lot of purple in my wardrobe but I love that outfit from Atlantic-Pacific. I want a red pea coat, gold tasseled loafers and purple socks now!

Maigen at: November 26, 2012 at 8:25 PM said...

Wow, great post! Loving that first room, the painting from etsy {yes, you need that!}, your purple flowers on T day, and pretty much the whole lot of "purple for purchase" items! :)

*M

Kerry at: November 27, 2012 at 6:56 PM said...

I think you're cool enough, Amy! I also think that purple would be a stunning color on you, especially a deep eggplant hue.

Glad you're purple fans, Helene & Maigen! : )

Ditto, Lisa. A-P has a way of making me think I NEED to purchase items that never crossed my fashion "must-have" radar before seeing them on her.

xoxo

fauxionista.com at: November 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM said...

I love Blair of A-P's style and the colors that she incorporates. Also, adore the other outfit pic you posted with the purple scarf and absolutely love the painting for the splash of color! :)

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...