Style That Item: Isabel's Scarf



7 comments


I love Isabel's new scarf with its fun print and all of its beautiful colors! It pairs so well with so many colors and styles. It's a truly versatile piece, and I think Isabel will get a lot of mixing and remixing out of it, which is why you'll notice that I've repeated a lot of articles of clothing in these outfit sets. Instead of showing entirely different ensembles, I wanted to focus on showing how several items can be used over and over again. I think that is much more indicative of each of our working closets!


First up is a weekend casual look. When I first laid eyes on her scarf, the color that instantly popped into my head was orange. I think the warm, but not too powerful orange color in this top is very complimentary to the colors in the scarf. I love the loose silhouette of the top paired with sleek skinny jeans {which she looks amaze in, by the way}. Isabel's new boots are so cute {seen here here}, I couldn't help but use them over and over! Top it off with some aqua accents to pull out the blue hues in the scarf, and you've got yourself a pulled-together weekend casual look that is appropriate for running errands and/or grabbing lunch with friends.

WEEKEND CASUAL :: TOP // EARRINGS {previously seen here} // LEATHER TOTE // BOOTS // DENIM // CLUTCH



The second look would be appropriate garb for Isabel to wear when playing photographer. A relaxed fit top, skinny denim, and her adorbs new boots are the staple pieces again. This time I added pops of pink, which was the second color that I thought of when seeing Iz's scarf. I thought it appropriate for her to carry a pair of flats {and super cute pink ones at that, though her mint flats would look super cute, too} around in her bag along with her camera so that she could change her shoes depending upon the setting {i.e. boots for shooting in fields and flats for city walking shoots}. Since I imagine Isabel having her hair pulled back while photographing her clients, I thought these adorable statement studs would be perfect.
PHOTO-SHOOTING :: TEE // STUDS {previously seen here} // FLATS // DENIM // CANVAS TOTE // BOOTS {seen here & here}



Next up is a Bohemian Fancy look. I think the scarf could function perfectly as a wrap or shawl for fancier occasions, and I think it looks great when paired with these gorgeous lace pieces. My suggestion for this look is to tuck in the shirt {don't fret; the peplum will appear in the next outfit}. I'm in love with the color of that skirt, and Isabel owns a similarly colored one which would work as a great option as well. Since the scarf has a more bohemian feel, I decided to continue that vibe on throughout the rest of the accessories, while adding in some sparkle too {it is a fancier occasion, after all!}. Thankfully, Iz already owns some adorable neutral heels to complete the look.
BOHEMIAN FANCY :: TOP // STUDS // BANGLE // BRACELET // WRAP BRACELET // NECKLACE // SKIRT // HEELS // CLUTCH



With Isabel's recent grade-level switch comes more parent/teacher conferences. I think the top and skirt from above can be dressed down with her awesome boots to create an adorable look to wear when conferencing. This time we're going to let the peplum on the top shine, and accentuate Isabel's tiny waist with a skinny leather belt. I'm keeping the jewelry accessories at a minimum with this look. {I love the gorgeous lemony yellow of the studs!}
CONFERENCING :: STUDS /TOP // BELT // BRACELET // BOOTS {seen here here} //  SKIRT {Isabel owns a similarly colored skirt seen here}



This next outfit is perfect for everyday classroom teaching. {Isabel has such a cute class of littles who seriously adore her! It's the sweetest to watch her with them!} I've been obsessed with this look on Anthro's site, and I think it would be adorable on Isabel. She already owns a navy blazer that would look perfect with this dress. Add in her cute boots and these adorable buttoned boot socks, a quirky tote perfect for transporting lesson plans and the like, and some subtle jewelry and she's ready for a day at school. {I love the visual of the necklace peeking out from under the scarf... and PS: I have found my newest obsession in that Kate Spade clock necklace; it's so cute!}

TEACHER, TEACHER :: BLAZER // DRESS // STUDS {previously seen here} // NECKLACE // TOTE // BOOTS {seen here here} // BOOT SOCKS




Last up is a look for a night on the town with Isabel's beloved, R. I think this minty peplum striped top would look awesome with Isabel's scarf. I love them both with this adorable dotted crossbody bag {originally pinned by Isabel} and those sexy, laced-back leopard print booties. I've again used these dark denim skinnies, and added some sparkle with the bow studs and simple bracelet. Now Isabel has herself a sexy look for a date night out on the town!

DATE NIGHT :: TOP // EARRINGS {seen previously here} // DENIM // CROSSBODY // BOOTIES // BRACELET



Hope your week is off to a great start, friends!


7 comments:

Amy Shaughnessy at: November 19, 2012 at 8:42 AM said...

I love these! The 3rd outfit is my favorite. That pencil skirt is so pretty.

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Maigen at: November 19, 2012 at 12:01 PM said...

Awesome, as always!

I love the 'teacher, teacher' and the 'date night' looks the best! So cute and spunky! :)

Also love that you used pieces she already has in her wardrobe!

*M

Lisa - respect the shoes at: November 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM said...

Those boots you featured in those outfits are awesome!

fauxionista.com at: November 20, 2012 at 10:05 PM said...

My favorite is the photo-shooting and teacher outfit styled with this scarf. Btw, Kerry, thanks to you I'm now lemming for the Anthropologie earrings (esp. now that I've seen it in person!)

Oh, and thank you so very much for your sweet compliments on my post! :)

Kerry at: November 21, 2012 at 8:28 AM said...

Amy, Maigen, fauxionista - THANK YOU!

I agree, Lisa. Isabel has fantastic taste.

xoxo

Isabel at: November 24, 2012 at 10:09 AM said...

Wow, I like them all!! I started listing which were my favorite, but that ended up listing all of them! Thanks for giving me such variety - It never crossed my mind to combine it with the colors you had!

Favorite items: minty top, boot socks, CLOCK NECKLACE, clutch, all the jewelry

Thanks, K!

Kerry at: November 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM said...

Yay! Can't wait to see how you wear it!

I'm OBSESSED with the clock necklace.

xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...