Holiday Cheer, in the Form of Tinsel!



1 comments
So, umm, yeah.  I know.  Blogging has been totally put on hold lately, since fam has been in town and things have been crazy!  So, "Merry Christmas!" and now, "Happy New Year!"

Here's an {admittedly random} run-down of holiday festivities for you, to show that I'm really not a Grinch or a Scrooge!

I was going to make a "Deck the Halls" holiday gift guide, but alas, I got half-way there and it kind of fizzled out.  My mom and godmother always used to exchange angels at Christmas {my godmother made a beautiful ceramic one, and they also found pretty decor for each other with the same theme} and ornaments as gifts have been a tradition in my family {especially when we were kids}, and probably is in many families.  Anyway, my gift guide was one for this kind of tradition.  I think I want to make it official again, beginning next year...
1 / 2 / 345
The holiday season kicked off with meeting Iz and K at the Target launch of the Neiman's collaboration! 

We shopped a bit and then Isabel and I went to brunch.  I got Eggs Benedict {I'm on an EB kick lately} and later, I decided to try to come up with a slightly healthier version for home:
Toasted whole wheat english muffin, 2 slices of Canadian Bacon, 2 eggs over easy, 1/4 of an avocado, pepper and sea salt.  Gotta say, it's pretty awesome, but the Hollandaise sauce is seriously necessary for Eggs Benedict.

My sister Meredith came in town on December 14th and I finally got to meet my niece, Lily, who lives in Hawaii!  That night, I ditched them {due to poor scheduling on my part} to attend one of those painting classes with some good friends! 

One of my best friends and her sister met Georgia {my other sister} and me for La Madeleine French Eggs Benedict {which is actually the best Eggs Benedict I have ever had, and I highly recommend!} and then we walked across the parking lot to G'Nosh to explore our inner Renoirs!  It was really fun but also really confirmed to me that painting {or, at least, painting anything that anyone wants to see} is not my bag, baby!
Georgia and yours truly, before the class and all optimistic about our hidden painting skills

Moi, G, Erin & Caitlyn with our masterpieces.  Mine is now in my garage, where it will probably stay.  Forever.
On the way home, G and I found this little doggie running down a major street. 
After an hour-long bath.  He was filthy!
We were able to get him to come to us and we wrapped him up in a towel and took him to get some water and food.  He was so sweet!  A real domesticated pup.  G & her husband gave him a bath and the pound came a got him the next day.  The Christmas miracle is that, through a number of coincidences, he was reunited with his family exactly one year to the day from the day he was lost!

After finally tracking down the silver tree I have wanted for-ev-er at the very terrible Garden Ridge, we had some family fun decorating it {there aren't many pics, but G and her hubs, Meredith, Lily Drew, and my mom were all there!}:
Mom and LD

Me with my silver tree


LD chillin' on my bed.  The instagram editing made her eyes look really weird, but they are the same size, in real life!
Another day, Georgia and I went ornament shopping.  Here are a couple of my faves!
airplane, twinkling lights tree {part of a Christmas town set-up, but I think it would be cute by itself of a counter or something!}, terrible photo of an adorable elephant, Sandy Claus!
Meredith is sick of not having any good Mexican food in Hawaii {I guess that's probably its one downfall}, so we have enjoyed some tex-mex a few times.  Mere wants to eat it every day while she's here!
LD is too little for Mexican food.  But, check out those THIGHS! 
Isabel and I were able to meet up with Lilly {of the fabulous Pancakes and Beet Juice} & her sweet sister who came in town from Austin, for an amazing brunch at Nick and Sam's Grill. It is so great to have made such fun friends through this blog!  We are definitely going to have to hit up some cool vintage shops soon! 

I'm bummed that we didn't think to take a pic of us girls, but head over to Lilly's blog for some pics of the mouth-watering food!  It was amazing.  I definitely recommend the "Toad in the Hole" brunch.  It was a fun atmosphere and pretty well priced, also!

Lilly was too sweet and brought us these gorgeous peacock ornaments {how did she know the colors I did my tree in?!  How serendipitous}!
Speaking of, here is a bit of my Christmas decor:

Here are the Christmas dogs {at my mom's}:

Yes, they look possessed, and Walter does have a tile bed {it's just two tiles laid on the carpet}.  He runs hot.
Here is the Christmas Lily:


Cutest baby evah!

I love the athletic socks with her prom dress!
We actually had a white Christmas here in Dallas!  And, to tell you the truth, it was kind of a pain in the A.  But, it looked beautiful!

This is actually when it had just started.  It ended up being pretty major.  The best part is that it had rained all night on Christmas Eve, so underneath was a nice sheet of ice, which made driving a regular adventure. 
On Christmas, we went to see family.  A joke started about those Pirouette cookies looking like cigars...  It was all downhill from there...
G & her hubs. "Wishing you a very mobster Christmas," she wrote on her facebook.

Me & Georgia
Last night, we went to see Chihuly Nights at the Dallas Arboretum.  It was amazing.  And cold.  I actually wore long thermal underwear under my pants.  It was such a rad experience, though!

This was my fave.  When I grow up, my house is going to have a courtyard and I'm going to put this in a little pool.
I also loved the "Dallas Star," which Kerry featured here.
Mom, G & me {looking not unlike the Abominable Snowman}
And, my other favorite piece reminded me of jewelry from the 40's:

And, one last pic of my bro-in-law and my mom.  My fave is my step-dad peeking around from where he is laying behind them!

Alright, that's it.  My December.  Sorry so long and really quite discombobulated!

What special memories did you create this holiday season?


1 comments:

Isabel at: December 31, 2012 at 4:12 PM said...

I love seeing all the pics of your family! The mobster photo made me smile big and I'm in love with your tree!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...