I'm still sad...



0 comments
I haven't posted anything in a while, except for my mommy make-over on Saturday, but that was because I wrote it and scheduled it last Wednesday and haven't really looked at the blog since.  In the wake of the most horrific events on Friday, I haven't felt much like talking fashion... 

Plus, I've been really busy.  My little sister got in on Friday and after work, I met my brand new niece, Lily Drew.  She lives in Hawaii and is about 5 months old and I had never seen her before.  And, boy, do I already just love her!  She is the prettiest, sweetest, most innocent little angel ever.  I have already nicknamed her "my favorite." 

All this baby love makes me even sadder for the community in Newtown.  I just wanted to share something one of the leaders of my church said {many, many years ago}, and that I truly believe.  Although the events on Friday were the most disgusting and the outcome is about the saddest thing I have ever heard of, this gives me comfort at this sad time {complete article here}:

With little children who are taken away in infancy and innocence before they have reached the years of accountability, and are not capable of committing sin, the gospel reveals to us the fact that they are redeemed, and Satan has no power over them. Neither has death any power over them. They are redeemed by the blood of Christ, and they are saved just as surely as death has come into the world through the fall of our first parents. …
… Our beloved friends who are now deprived of their little one, have great cause for joy and rejoicing, even in the midst of the deep sorrow that they feel at the loss of their little one for a time. They know he is all right; they have the assurance that their little one has passed away without sin. Such children are in the bosom of the Father. They will inherit their glory and their exaltation, and they will not be deprived of the blessings that belong to them; ... in the wisdom and mercy and economy of God our Heavenly Father, all that could have been obtained and enjoyed by them if they had been permitted to live in the flesh will be provided for them hereafter. They will lose nothing by being taken away from us in this way...
With these thoughts in my mind, I take consolation in the fact that I shall meet my children who have passed behind the veil; I have lost a number, and I have felt all that a parent can feel, I think, in the loss of my children. I have felt it keenly, for I love children, and I am particularly fond of the little ones, but I feel thankful to God for the knowledge of these principles, because now I have every confidence in his word and in his promise that I will possess in the future all that belongs to me, and my joy will be full. I will not be deprived of any privilege or any blessing that I am worthy of and that may be properly entrusted to me. But every gift, and every blessing that it is possible for me to become worthy of I shall possess, either in time or in eternity, and it will not matter, so that I acknowledge the hand of God in all these things, and say in my heart, “The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord” [see Job 1:21]. This is the way we should feel with regard to our children, or our relatives, or friends, or whatever vicissitudes we may be called to pass through...
... the infant child that was laid away in death would come up in the resurrection as a child; and, pointing to the mother of a lifeless child, he said to her: “You will have the joy, the pleasure, and satisfaction of nurturing this child, after its resurrection, until it reaches the full stature of its spirit.” There is restitution, there is growth, there is development, after the resurrection from death. I love this truth. It speaks volumes of happiness, of joy and gratitude to my soul. Thank the Lord he has revealed these principles to us.

Anyway, I know this is pretty deep for a blog, but I have always known this and thought it might be nice to share.  The sweet children who were murdered will have glory in Heaven, because they died without sin.  And, they will be able to grow up and be loved by their own mothers after this life.  Hopefully, that is comfort to you, too.

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...