Style That Item: Maigen's Nightstand



9 comments


Maigen requested our help in styling her silver-leafed nightstand {she has previously given us the DIY rundown} and awesome new ZGallerie lamp, which was gifted to M from her sister and brother-in-law {who scored it at a very discounted bargain price}! Don't you love the gorgeous lines of this lamp?! It's bold and sleek and understated all at once. She's sure to have this baby for a long time. Talk about a major lamp crush! Swoon.


I opted to go in two different directions with her dresser and lamp styling. First up is a more glam look. Taking a cue from something I've already done in my home, I suggest framing some marbled paper in a large, over-sized frame. This is a very inexpensive way to make a bold statement piece, and the colors will look gorgeous in her neutral bedroom. I know that Maigen {an avid reader and writer} loves accenting her decor with books, so I was sure to include two glam book essentials: The Gospel According to Coco Chanel {previously seen here} and Inspiration Dior. I included a candle that I used in her dresser styling, and that Maigen also included in her Christmas wishlist, because let's face it: Capri Blue's Volcano scent is the best smelling candle ever. I used Maigen's own coaster, a gorgeous shell-shaped gold bowl, and the piéce de résistance: that stunning horned box, which I think is the perfect place to house her remotes.



And here's a visual of how I'd style everything atop her gorgeous silver-leafed nightstand...
I suggest that M use the glam books above, but I couldn't find a shot of their spines, so these book spines are my stand-ins.



For this second styling board, I opted to go in the direction of sleek and modern. Maigen mentioned in her Santa, Baby post that she covets this The New Yorker print, so why not make it hers?! I think it would look awesome situated above her nightstand and lamp, especially in that gray high-gloss frame. This time I included two journals that will continue to bring out the writer in Maigen: 642 Things to Write About and The Story is Happening are two guided journals with unique prompts and fab reviews. I decided to keep M's candle holder and little gold bowl from her "before" styling shot {I love how the colors accent The New Yorker print}, and I used the raddest box in the land again. I just love that horned guy. Since Maigen's nightstand houses her phone when it's being charged, I decided to give her a cute phone charging dock. I own this little guy, and it makes me happy every time I plug in my phone to charge it {you might remember my expression of how much I desired it here, and thanks to the sweet husband o' mine for reading the blog and getting it for me}.


And here's a visual of how I'd style everything atop her gorgeous silver-leafed nightstand...
I suggest that M use the journals above, but I couldn't find a shot of their spines, so these book spines are my stand-ins.


I can't wait to see what Maigen and Isabel suggest; as always, I'm sure it'll blow my interior designing mind. Those two are so talented, and I love their unique takes.

Happy Monday, y'all.

9 comments:

Brooke at: December 3, 2012 at 2:07 PM said...

You did a gorgeous job planning out the look for her nightstand! I love them both but the first is my favorite. And holy moly I have to go check out where that horned box is from!! Love it!!

Amy Shaughnessy at: December 3, 2012 at 3:31 PM said...

Love the first option! My night stand is SAD.

Amy
Fashion and Beauty Finds

Kerry at: December 3, 2012 at 4:43 PM said...

Thanks, Brooke & Amy!

The horned box is pretty incredible, huh? It is pretty pricey, though. Maigen had a great suggestion to buy a faux alligator box and glue a horn to the top. She said that there are a lot of alligator boxes at ZGallerie. That should make a more affordable one.

xoxo

Lisa - respect the shoes at: December 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM said...

I really like both of those options - that lamp is gorge!

fauxionista.com at: December 4, 2012 at 9:32 AM said...

The horn box is pretty but the thing that really caught my eye was the book - The Gospel According to Coco Chanel. I will have to check out that book! Thanks for sharing! :)

Kerry at: December 5, 2012 at 7:29 AM said...

I totally agree, Lisa! Maigen's taste is impeccable.

And yes, fauxionista: The Gospel According to Coco Chanel is a must one for any fashionista!

xoxo

Maigen at: December 5, 2012 at 5:42 PM said...

I love them both, but of course, the glam one is my fave! I already have "The Gospel According to Coco Chanel" and am ob-sessed with all the accessories! I am loving the idea of using the "New Yorker" print there, too! :)

*M

Maigen at: December 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM said...

Oh, and PS, I'm gonna have to check out those writer's books!

*M

phiphis blog at: December 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM said...

i really like the glam look - the new yorker print is really nice too - so hard to pick!!!

xox P

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...