2012 Style Picks {on the cheap}



4 comments
So, I promised I would try to recreate a couple of Emma Stone & Emma Watson looks with affordable pieces, so here goes!



I love her green tux jacket!  Sadly, there wasn't anything that similar out there for a great price, but I really like the first option {to the left}.  It's silk and I think the style and color are pretty similar to Emma's.  I found a couple of other options, too, which are even more affordable!

Also, the buttons on the bottom of her pants are so cute!  Since I couldn't find any pants like hers, I found some with a zipper detail, to stay with the metal accent idea.  Also, the studs on the second pair of t-straps will give a similar effect as her buttons!  Plus, I think the toe is really similar to ES's.


This look is so stunning and elegant!  ES's beautiful top was difficult to emulate, but I think one of the two I found would work well, if tucked in.  Plus, they are more modest, for those of us who aren't built like a Hollywood starlet!  Here are my inexpensive finds {ps: I wish I could have found a better belt, but Emma's was no where to be found!}:
wrap top, Karen Kane {on sale} $49.95 / tank, Ruche $29.99 / belt, Tobi $12 / belt {on sale}, Lodis $28.50 /  

The casual and sophisticated simplicity of Stone's leather-top look make it an easy favorite for me!  This is the ES look I would most likely wear!


I am digging the peplum fad, and this Emma Watson look is both sweet and on-trend!  Her top has a bit of sparkle to it, so it the left look, I added some sparkle with a bib necklace.  In the look on the right, I went with a lace-detailed top, for the same type of interest that the sparkle brings to hers.  The belt was one of my best finds, at only $4.80, and it, as well as the gold clutch and shoes are used in both permutations.  

Umm, I really want to wear this look! And, I have to say, I like the inexpensive version of her jacket and necklace even more than just as much as EW's!  I couldn't find any shoes like hers, but I found a few pairs with hard metal accents, for the same effect!


This is by far my favorite Watson look!  So classic, feminine, and kick-a at the same time!  Large and in charge!      

I hope you saw a few pieces that you like!  I admit, several new things made their way to my wish-list as I wrote this post!  Including some from F21...

I've never really shopped at Forever 21 {I always secretly called it "Forever Crap," after an ill-fated visit once, many years ago, and a near-death experience brought on by adjacency to cheap fabric}, but I have to say, I was really impressed by several items on their website.  They seem to have come up in the world.  And the prices are outstanding...  What are your experiences with any F21 purchases?  Is it worth another try?








4 comments:

Lilly at: January 21, 2013 at 7:54 AM said...

Loveeee the last Emma Stone look. Really crisp and preppy with an edge. I could really see myself wearing it to a more causal office day! Great finds!

Maigen at: January 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM said...

I totally agree, Lilly! That's my fave, too! So simple and chic. :) it would look fabulous on you!

*M

Kerry at: January 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM said...

Great job on pulling together such affordable looks! The first outfit inspired by Emma is my favorite. Love the green blazers.

I'm an occasional F21 shopper. It's a great place for super cheap trendy items.

xoxo

Maigen at: February 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM said...

Thanks, K! I am dying to get a Kelly green blazer, so searching the interwebs for one was fun!
Yes, I think I'm going to have to give F21 another chance! They really do have some cute stuff on their website... Might have to make a visit to an actual store at some point in the near future! :) thanks for the endorsement!

*M

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...