A Little Gold Spray Paint {M's Monthly DIY Challenge}



5 comments
I love metallics.  Especially gold.  I pretty much want to spray-paint everything high-shine gold.  But, I will try to keep it to a level that won't blind people when they walk into my apartment!

The first thing I spray-painted was this cute antler for a little occasional table I have at the entrance to my bedroom.
Easy peasy.
Now, you may remember {but probably don't} that I got a floor-sample scoop-back chair at West Elm for like $35 and promised to do something cool to it.  Yeah, it was about a million years ago!
I finally did my project!  Hopefully, the pics are pretty self-explanitory!

The gold spray paint actually buffed right out when lightly sanded, leaving white underneath!
The only thing I think I still want to do is add some fray-preventer to the fabric edges and possibly mod-podge or spray-lacquer the front, so that the fabric doesn't get dirty or faded.

I'm super-happy with the results!  I love when something comes out exactly as you had imagined it!

Let me know if anything isn't clear! 

Have you done any projects that you have been putting off {for months} lately?

{Next step: curtains!}

5 comments:

Lilly at: January 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM said...

OMG YOU GOT THE MIDAS TOUCH, GIRL! That is crazy. I wish I had a crafty self and mom. Love it!

eliz at: January 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM said...

Wow!! Looks like a lot of work and skill but you guys did a fabulous job!

Kerry at: January 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM said...

That's more than just a little gold spray paint; that's fabulous!

Nice job, M & Mom!
xoxo

fauxionista.com at: January 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM said...

Oh-so-crafty! I'm impressed! Good job, Maigen! :) Sorry that your mom cut her finger though.

Maigen at: January 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM said...

Thanks, ladies! I'm really pleased with how it turned out :) {& thanks, MOM!}

*M

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...