Creative Spaces Inspiration



7 comments
Happy New Year LCDF friends!  Don't know about you, but somehow I always find myself in a state of chronic "re-do" mood after the holidays.  I think it has to do with the putting away of Christmas decor.  All of the taking down and boxing up make me reevaluate the emptiness left behind and all of a sudden I'm in a frenzy to "move this. take down. throw this. must paint this.  now. "  


Subsequently, I've upturned two bedrooms (let's face it, they're nasty embarrassing storage rooms), cluttered them up with "neat piles", and painted my bathroom from light gray blue to deep gray green.  As stated by R's mom on NYE, "Your bathroom has been three different colors!".  I think this last one might be a keeper, but I'm just such a HORRIBLE paint picker; I might hate that it's so dark in a few months.  One thing I do know: I've got to stop painting the bathroom.  I can't reach the ceiling to trim the edges, which leaves my bathroom in a not done state.  Like in a ridiculously paint brush streak state.  And that's not good when you take on projects by yourself because your bf thinks you're cray cray.  I'm excited to get in some color for that bathroom through a fun mirror, shower curtain, art pieces, and vases of flowers, plus I want to paint the sink vanity bright white to modernize the room until we decide to switch it out.  So be on the lookout for the finished product!

Back to my storage rooms....I moved my mess from one room to the other because I had intentions to paint and get new storage pieces for a "creative space".  I have done absolutely nothing since then!  :D  BECAUSE I"M A MESS.  I think I have a plan, and then I can't decide if that's REALLY the look I want.  I'm so indecisive and picky I guess! 

Source: piccsy.com via Isabel on Pinterest

Here's what I DO know.  I want this room to be a happy creative space.  Not an office.  I feel like an office is where you go, sit, work, pay bills, do "have to" stuff.  I want this room to be an inspiration room.  A place where "Oh!  I have an idea" starts actually being made.  It'll be a clutter-less and organized space where we feel we have room to breathe, create, be inspired, and make.  Some of you know I photograph on the side so I want this place to be where I edit, package products, and hang fine art photos, R's art pieces, and whimsical props.  Like an efficient art studio but not.  I guess I just want it to be unique and not scream out one thing or another.  Hence, my indecisiveness - is that too "officey", "traditional", "typical", "overdone", "boring", "moody"...?

So here's my round up of inspiration pins!  I really do want a colorful space, but my pins are more monochromatic for that "organized feel".  I can always add color with the things I make for photo shoots.

grey walls, interesting inspiration board and CLEAN


soft and happy, white lacquer, upholstered pin board

sunny, bright white, edgy, BIG art prints, spacious desk, did I mention WHITE?

white lacquer with pops of happy energizing color! sophisticated, modern, good for a client space one day!

campaign style desk, DARK with WHITE, glamorous

gallery wall with a low cabinet and white white white to pair up with soft textures and colors

I liked this clean edged cabinet for storage and to prop up art/prints/photos or everyday supplies

soft and light filled, an actual creating space

soft, wood and white, supply storage

lots of great texture, soft white with pastel brights, large work surface and clean edged cabinets, a nice place to sketch with LCDF girls, and package gifts

unique display shelf, floating furniture, white!

sophisticated, love the chair!

dotted walls, graphic punches, a WOW room, looks like this girl's got her life together!

industrial and organized

graphic wall is a yes

wowza!  I love the energy, but could I produce in this room?

industrial workspace with brick!

industrial storage and desk



deep black, makes you zero in on that vignette under the arches.  
I'd love an interesting focal point in my creative space that you see from the hallway.

black with white with texture with modern prints

absolutely LOVE this art and display!  the texture of the wall makes it!

hard with soft
big workspace

a happy room!  
has everything I want: patterns, color, white, black, textures, workspace, storage, art

so different for a home space - I love it! 
long workspace, ghost chairs, hanging light, awesome art display, graphic, industrial feel

give me black, white, and camel and we're set!
too cluttered though

whimsical and happy.  I want to lounge in this colorful space all day!

So, notice any trends of mine?  Have any observations you picked up on that might help me out?
Here's to having your own space, big or small, where you feel in control of your happiness and creativity! 
Happy 2013, all!

all images are sourced on my pinterest.  I take great care to pin from the original site. :)




7 comments:

Lilly at: January 4, 2013 at 1:37 PM said...

I love the idea of the big graphic images on a white or neutral background. I think they just encourage big thinking and ideas! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Kerry at: January 4, 2013 at 6:17 PM said...

How fun! I'm 9387492374930% on board with a graphic wall and whimsical details, no surprises there. I'm so excited for you!! Please let me know if I can help you out in any way, friend! I'd love to! xoxo

phiphis blog at: January 4, 2013 at 10:05 PM said...

what a wonderful idea - i really really love the all white office. it just looks modern and fresh. can't wait to see what you come up with!

xox P

Lisa - respect the shoes at: January 4, 2013 at 10:07 PM said...

I wish I was "creative" enough for a creative space, but unfortunately one spare bedroom has been relegated to home office/overflow closet, so on the same desk my printer lives on, so does my jewelry displays!

Miss Sultana at: January 4, 2013 at 10:32 PM said...

very moernized and chic inspirations; i like ;)

www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

Isabel at: January 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM said...

Lilly, Kerry - I couldn't agree with y'all more. Now I just need to convince myself to have the courage to do it :) and pick something...

phiphi - I love all white too! There's such a fine line with it becoming cold, but I find myself coming back to white a ton.

Lisa - that sounds like a creative room to me! Turn it into a full on dressing room! That'd be perfect for you!

MissSultana - thanks, I'm glad you liked them! I'm amazed at your awesome clothing deals! Such a smart shopper!

Maigen at: January 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM said...

Oh, wow, Iz, so many beautiful finds!

My faves: the white vignette with the teal chair, the office with the dotted walls and striped curtains, the graphic wall idea, the industrial/brick space, the black hall with the arches, the idea of a lambskin draped over your chair {which would be sooooo amazingly cozy. You can get an inexpensive one at IKEA that would be just the right size}, and the "happy room"! Sorry, that's probably no help at all! Too many good ones to choose! :)

*M

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...