Filling the Gaps // Deconstructed Denim



5 comments
In an attempt to not be so impulsive and to instead be very wise about my clothing and accessory purchases this year, I decided to do a little closet inventory to help me evaluate what's missing in my current wardrobe, the gaps if you will. Instead of buying another dress, which I always seem to gravitate towards, I need to be more mindful about adding items to my closet that are lacking. Believe it or not, in evaluating my closet's contents just a few months ago, I realized that I didn't own one single classic white button-down blouse. What?!? {No worries; I promptly remedied that by picking up this guy for 30% off}. With that said, welcome to my new series, Filling the Gaps.
This edition takes us into the world of deconstructed denim. I do have a very old pair of flare-legged deconstructed denim that is a little bit too deconstructed for modesty's sake {read: they have a huge tear that is rather inappropriately located near my bum}, so it is time to update them to a much more modern silhouette with more appropriately placed deconstructed bits. You're welcome anyone standing behind me.
clockwise from top left: straight leg // boyfriend jeans // dark wash skinnies // medium wash skinnies
While I previously swore by designer denim only, I've had a lot of luck with Gap denim over the past two years, so my gut instinct says to buy the straight leg or the boyfriend jeans. I'm actually leaning much more toward the straight leg pair since I do already own a few pairs of boyfriend jeans {my fave}, and because I imagine it to be much more flattering {i.e. crossing my fingers that they make me look taller} to my petite figure than a typical pair of skinnies. However I would like to have the option to wear my deconstructed denim with boots, so a pair of skinnies might be the way to go. And if so, do I go light or dark? Oh the deconstructed denim dilemma!

Any plugs for a particular pair of deconstructed jeans? I'd love your advice!

I'll be sure to report back once this gap is appropriately filled!
Happy Monday, y'all.


5 comments:

Lisa - respect the shoes at: February 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM said...

I had a pair of 100% cotton jeans from J.Crew that fit me like a glove and I wore them to death - literally got a worn patch on the bum that proceeded to become a ridiculously huge tear. But worn-in denim is so comfortable and still chic in a cas way.

phiphis blog at: February 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM said...

the ones i wear and love are from the gap and i suspect the number of times i wear them will lead to the dreaded butt wear tear. :)

i can't wait to see what you pick! xox P

Kerry at: February 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM said...

Haha, glad to know I'm not alone in the butt tear realm!

xoxo

Maigen at: February 4, 2013 at 4:44 AM said...

I really like the straight leg (very fave) or the dark wash skinny jeans! No matter which you choose, they will be super cute on you!

I once had a pair where the corner of the pocket on the butt became a small hole (they were thin denim anyway, from the Gap), and when I got in my car, I felt/heard this weird swoosh. Which was the sound of the whole butt shredding from the hole on down... That was classic! But I was wearing a long tee and some butt-covering undies (this was before the advent of the thong), and I was going to Wal-Mart (this was also before I stopped going there), so I went anyway, figuring I'd just fit right in!! LOL! Terrible! :)

*M

Kerry at: February 17, 2013 at 7:58 PM said...

M - Hahaha! That's too funny! xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...