Let's Go to the Movies!



5 comments
I recently saw a couple of the movies on my list, and one that wasn't!

Les Mis
This is definitely worth seeing!  Loved, loved, loved it!  I will definitely be seeing this one more time before it leaves theaters.  I was really impressed with everyones' singing.  Anne Hathaway killed it {if you don't cry when she sings "I Dreamed a Dream," you might be without soul}, and Hugh Jackman and Amanda Seyfried were outstanding.  The only voice that I didn't think was right for the part was Russell Crowe, but his acting was great.  The inn-keeper and his wife {Borat & Helena Bonham Carter} were perfection.  And the girl who played Eponine was awesome, too!  The friend of Marius, the revolutionary student leader guy, was quite the dish, too!
via
Gangster Squad
So, after about five minutes, I was like, "umm, no."  By the end, though, I ended up liking this flick.  It was definitely cheesy and over the top, and there were a couple of terrible, what I call "brutality for brutality's sake" scenes, but overall, it was decent.  The main redeeming qualities were the several hunky bad-cops, the shoot-em-up mobster stuff, and a fabulous and quite covetable peacock blue dress that Emma Stone wore. I want that dang dress.
via 
Broken City
I wasn't even planning on seeing this, but my friends were going and that Marky Mark is so rad.  It was pretty good.  Really, the story was a little hard to follow and I felt like there were quite a few gratuitous details/storylines.  But, overall, it was enjoyable and entertaining.  Plus, more Russell Crowe!  This time as a totally different kind of bastard than he plays as Javert in Les Mis.  Catherine Zeta Jones is super-stylish throughout, so that was a bonus.  Umm, COAT!
via
I decided during previews that I will be seeing Snitch, with the invariably studly "Rock."  {I don't even care that he's a wrestler and a democrat*.  I would so marry that.}
via
Have you seen any good movies lately?  

*The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely of the individual and are not the views of LCDF, its parent, affiliate, or subsidiary companies. 


5 comments:

Mere at: January 31, 2013 at 12:47 AM said...

I have to see Les Mis! It takes me, on average, approximately one year to see a movie once it comes out, so maybe I will get to see it next Christmas!

Brooke at: January 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM said...

I loved your movie reviews!! I am dying to see Les Mis!! With two year old twins it is hard for my husband and I to get out but I am so determined to see that one in the theater! That's too bad Gangster Squad isn't better- I've been dying to see that too. Mostly because of the delectable Ryan Gosling. Which I guess a so-so storyline can't take away from. :)

Kerry at: February 2, 2013 at 2:29 PM said...

I loved Le Mis! We saw it on Christmas Day and walked out of the theatre to a snowy winter wonderland, making the whole movie experience that much more magical. D and I were both crying during Anne's "I Dreamed a Dream" rendition. Stellar.

xoxo

Faux ionista at: February 3, 2013 at 2:34 AM said...

I haven't been to the movies in a while and Gangster Squad was on my list of movies to watch! Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait till it comes out on Netflix or sth.

Maigen at: February 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM said...

Mere-- you need to see it in the theater, if possible!! It's so amazing! I'd not, we can watch it on mom and bob's projector once it's out on DVD, for a similar effect!

Brooke-- LOL, yes, you will still enjoy RG even with the so-so storyline! I did! He is seriously adorable in this flick!!

Ker-- how fabulous to walk out to snow after Les Mis!! That definitely sounds magical!! :)

Faux-- I definitely still recommend Gangster Squad, but just know, going in, not to expect a "Untouchables," "The Godfather," or "Carlito's Way" calibre mob movie! Still totally enjoyable and entertaining!! :)

*M

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...