Maigen's 2012 Best Dressed: The Emmas



6 comments
There are several celebs who I think are definitely "Best Dressed" worthy, but I am really loving the style shenanigans of the Emmas lately: Emma Stone & Emma Watson.

Although I totally understand Kerry's love of celeb street style, I am definitely a girl who is more drawn to red carpet looks.  I love the glamour and the dressed-up-ness.  I did try to find a variety of looks for both of my "Best Dressed 2012" choices, though.  {Disclaimer: I can't promise that very single look is from 2012, although I did try to stick to it.  Don't hate me if a 2011 snuck in there once or twice!}
via
ES has always pretty much had it going on in the fashion department, hence my long-ago nomination of her as my "celeb bff."  I do have to remind her that the red hair was uh-mazing and although she is super-cute as a blonde, why mess with perfection when it comes to your tresses?  The red definitely ranked highly among the most-covetable locks in good-ol' Hollywood.  If you ask me.  Which of course, you didn't.  

Okay, done with my soap-box.  Onto the fashion, baby!

OMGoodness, this coral gown... The deep plunge black set is amazing, too.  But, pretty much gorge all around...
1 / 2 / 3 /  4
Emma Stone always looks flawless at events, and the non-red-carpet ones are no exception.  I particularly love the green tux-jacket look {a-hem, red hair}, the leather top with white skinnies, and the striped tee and peplum skirt number.  
1 / 2 / 3 / 4
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
Her street style is pretty fabulous, too.  I love how chic and preppy she is.  And it all looks effortless...
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
Emma Watson has really come into her own as an adult.  I love the pixie haircut {if I could pull it off, I SO WOULD!} and her funky fashion-forward style.
via
Here are a few lovely looks from more formal events {especially digging the black strapless/pants look}...
1 / 2 / 3  / 4 / 5
She has some pretty stunning non-red-carpet event looks.  I may or may not be willing to trade my first-born for that coat on the right...
1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Emma Watson's street style is pretty darn perfect.  She always looks ultra-streamlined and put together, and I could see her stepping into Victoria-Beckham's "MAJOR" shoes as the British powerhouse of fashion in the next few years...  
1 / 2 / 3 / 4
I especially love the look on the left, below, but pretty much any girl who wears as much Burberry as EW is going to look fantastic all the time {if we're going to analyze it}.  I am enamored with the sheer numbers of buttons this girl's got in her wardrobe!  
1 / 2 / 3 / 4
So, there you have it.  My fave celebs for 2012 fashion.  Coming up soon, I will try to find pieces {with reasonable prices} to re-create a couple of my favorite looks above!  

Who are your fashion icons of late?

6 comments:

Lilly at: January 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM said...

That coral Golden Globes number was when I was like, "Alright, the House Bunny shit is over and this girl has ARRIVED." I love ES for embracing the pale.

Kerry at: January 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM said...

Hahaha, Lilly! That's awesome, and I agree!

The Emmas are both perfection. I love Stone's event looks, especially the pink and orange dresses with the houndstooth heels. And I agree that EW could easily step into VB's sky-high heels as the British fashion powerhouse.

Great looks and finds! Can't wait to see how I can recreate some of these looks on the cheap! xoxo

Theonlyfashionprincess at: January 14, 2013 at 1:05 AM said...

I like Emma Watson's style best! Red carpet dress 3 and event s dress 3 are AMAZING! X

phiphis blog at: January 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM said...

i totally agree with both your Emma picks. they are stylish, always appropriate and gorgeous. xox P

phiphi's blog

Maigen at: January 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM said...

Lilly: Yes, "embracing the pale!!" LOL!! I blocked out House Bunny, I didn't even remember she was in it!

K: I love those bright dresses with the houndstooth heels, too! And I love that she repeats items sometimes. Makes her seem like a real person.

TOFP: I agree, Watson has such sleek sophistication while still looking young and fresh!

Phiphi: I agree! I would love to dress like either/both Emmas!

*M

Faux ionista at: January 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM said...

Definitely love the picks. They both have great style (or perhaps stylists)!

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...