Martin's Big Words



2 comments
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is dear to my heart. Every time I read about him, hear one of his quotes, or see one of his images, I am overwhelmed with a feeling of gratitude. In a time of struggle, he taught persistence and hope. In a time of fear, he taught courage. In a time of hatred, he taught love. Few historical figures pierce my soul in the way that he does.

Every year as we learned about and celebrated his birth in my first grade classroom, I would read my students my favorite MLK, Jr. book of all time: Martin's Big Words. And every year I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. Written with beautiful simplicity, it shares the journey, plight, and power of Dr. King's words in a way that young minds can absorb and understand. Since I don't have a group of littles to share this book with this year, I wanted to share it with you through two of my favorite quotes featured in the book; quotes that are as applicable today as they were when he spoke them decades ago.







Happy MLK, Jr. Day, friends.


2 comments:

Faux ionista at: January 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM said...

Great quotes! He's definitely an inspiration that we should all aspire to be. Thanks for sharing this Kerry. :)

Maigen at: January 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM said...

This is such a nice post and reminds us of what a great and loving man MLK was. What an amazing person!

*M

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...