Paper Hearts // Kerry's Monthly DIY Challenge



6 comments
As soon as I took down the Christmas decor in my home, my heart sank a little lot. I instantly missed the cozy and full feeling that all of my Christmas swag brought to my home. So it was without hesitation that the Valentine's Day decorating commenced asap, which involved leaving up my mini-tree and replacing the Christmas ornaments with heart ornaments.


This year I was feeling pretty paper-crafty, so I made two super easy banners using my favorite mini clothespins, ribbon, and decorative papers {some glitter, some printed} purchased from my local Hobby Lobby all at 50% off. I printed out heart outlines and letter outlines in my favorite ofalltime font: Bebas. Then I spent about an hour tracing, cutting, arranging, and mini-clothespinning the banner together. And voila! Instant Valentine's Day happiness.




Have you DIYed any Valentine's Day decor? Do share!

6 comments:

Maigen at: January 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM said...

This is DARLING!! I love it! you are so creative!!

I have to admit, I just took down Christmas this weekend. I got a late start putting it up, so I let myself enjoy it for a couple extra weeks. Yes, the apt feels empty now :(

I spent a lot of time finally hanging pictures to try to make up for the lack of tinsel, so it's feeling a little more homey now!

*M

Amy Shaughnessy at: January 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM said...

Love the garland on the mirror. What a cute idea! I totally understand what you mean about being sad taking down Christmas decorations. I was bummed!

Amy
Fashion and Beauty Finds

Lilly at: January 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM said...

Sooo cute! Were you, like, a former elementary school teacher or something? ;o) You crafty.

This is inspiring me to begin decorating for more holidays! Though the Christmas set up and break down is hard enough for me to juggle sometimes!

Kerry at: February 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM said...

Thanks girls! xoxo

Faux ionista at: February 3, 2013 at 2:31 AM said...

How crafty! This is adorable, Kerry! :)

Kerry at: February 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM said...

Thanks, Faux! xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...