Street Style Stars // Kerry's Takes



9 comments
As promised, here are my copy-cat takes on my favorite street style stars' ensembles using items from my own closet.

First up, Rachel Bilson's super casual looks are my favorites. She looks so effortless, but still very stylish, which makes these ensembles perfect for errand running.
left // right

Like Rachel, I'm pretty addicted to my boyfriend jeans and wear them allthetime. I had wanted these boots for ages, but for some reason I never bought them. Now I'm super grateful I didn't because I came across these at Target for a minuscule fraction of my desired pair's price. Gotta love that, especially for trendier items! 



SUNGLASSES // STUDS // SWEATER {Target - super old; alternative} // TEE {Hanes - borrowed from husband} // CROSSBODY {J.Crew Factory - old; alternative} // DENIM // BOOTIES





 
SUNGLASSES // STUDS {Anthro - old; alternative} // JACKET {Old Navy - old; alternative} // TEE {Hanes - borrowed from husband} //  BAG {Kenneth Cole - very old; alternative} // SCARF {gifted from Italy} // DENIM // BOOTIES




Next, I tackled one of Olivia Palermo's casual looks, which always seem to include her LBPs.
via

Note: I realized when looking through the photos that OP is a hard one to emulate. I'm so wishing for her svelte gams, but my stubby ones will have to do.




SUNGLASSES // STUDS // JACKET {Anthro - old; alternative} // TEE {(wrapped around shoulders) Shade - old; alternative} // SHIRT // PANTS // SHOES {Nine West - super old; alternative}



Rachel's blazer + flowy dress combinations are a fun and flattering way to go snappy casual.
left // center // right

Here's my take on one of her signature looks... and yes, it was crazy windy and literally freezing outside.

STUDS {Anthro - old; alternative} // BLAZER // DRESS {J.Crew - old; very similar alternative (color is Spiced Wine)} // LACE TUBE TOP  // SHOES {Steve Madden - old; alternative} // CLUTCH {borrowed from the ever-stylish Maigen!}


Olivia pulls off fuller skirts with ease because she gets the proportions right.
left // center // right

I couldn't quite capture the exactness of any of her looks, but I hope I at least got the essence of them. The exciting part was pulling items out of my closet that I hardly ever wear. This cropped jacket, sweater {it's a cardigan, but I'm wearing it backwards}, and skirt are all 8 years old; good eye, 22-year-old self! {This dress is a good alternative to my sweater/skirt combo.} Sadly, the wind was blowing my skirt back which is causing it to not look as full as it is, and it was freeeeeezing for these photos, too... hence the crazy last photo!


SUNGLASSES {Marc by Marc Jacobs - old; alternative} // STUDS // CROPPED JACKET {Halogen - very old; love this alternative} // SWEATER {J.Crew - very old; alternative & alternative & alternative} // SKIRT {J.Crew - very old; alternatives: similar style or similar print} // HEELS {random - old; alternative}


Have you worn any celebrity style inspired ensembles lately? 

Happy Monday, friends.

9 comments:

phiphis blog at: January 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM said...

you look stunning in all of these outfits!! i can't pick a favourite. the rachel bilson outfits are all so adorable. you nailed every one of these!!

xox P

phiphi's blog

Amy Shaughnessy at: January 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM said...

Love all of these looks. The second one is my favorite. I love the jacket!

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Maigen at: January 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM said...

Gorg. Eous.

All of your looks are fab! My faves are your takes on the second Rachel Bilson's street style look {holy cow you look cute with a bun!} and BOTH dressy OP looks {ESPECIALLY number 2, so lovely! Time to rock those clothes you had forgotten about}!

*M

Kerry at: January 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM said...

Thanks so much, P! You're too sweet! I had the most fun with the RB looks!

Thanks, Amy! That jacket is one of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe.

Thanks, M! I hardly ever wear a bun. More often than not, it looks crummy. I got lucky that day! You, on the other hand, are the bun queen!

xoxo

jamie-lee at: January 15, 2013 at 1:07 PM said...

I have to say you pull of their looks with such ease and grace - easy one is gorgeous! I love the dress + blazer combo the most x

Brooke at: January 15, 2013 at 3:58 PM said...

I love all of these looks and you did such a great job putting them together! The Rachel Bilson looks are my favorite!!

eliz at: January 15, 2013 at 4:58 PM said...

Fabulous challenge!!!! Great sequin blazer. What a fun thing to do...I don't think I have enough goodies in my closet to copy some peoples looks. But it really adds creativity and makes you see your closet in a new light!

Faux ionista at: January 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM said...

I think you did a fantastic job in emulating the outfits/styles! :)

Kerry at: January 17, 2013 at 6:10 PM said...

Thanks so much, Jamie-Lee! You're too kind. xoxo

Thanks Brooke, Liz, & Faux! It was a fun challenge for myself! : )

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...