Style That Item: Kerry's KS blouse



5 comments

Can I just commend Miss K for being able to pull off this Kate Spade print so well?  That girl has some mad taste and always looks amazing!  She was requesting some help for ways to get some good use out of this blouse after wearing it to her husband's MBA graduation.  First up, a trend that's back: the peplum look.  I kept it casual by pairing a frilly top with some dark rinse skinny jeans.  The light turquoise studs will be a lovely shock of color peeping from behind Kerry's dark and gorgeous locks.

pep it up

Kate Spade silk top / French Connection peplum blouse / Miss Selfridge green top / GAP loafer shoes / Halogen mini handbag / Mini shoulder bag / Kate Spade jewelry / Aeropostale Polka Dot Peplum Top /

Another casual look that Kerry can use in the spring or summer is to pair the blouse with some high-waisted shorts from Kendi's shop Bloom.  Tuck in the blouse, toss on a jean jacket or chambray shirt, and pile on the colorful accessories!  I'm pretty certain Kerry's not much of a fringe person, but I thought the boots added an extra juxtaposing detail that's not so expected.
easy

Madewell western top / Fringe booties / Louis Vuitton handbag / Kate Spade earrings / Topshop bracelet / bloom shorts/ Kate Spade bracelets  jewelry

A few months ago, Kerry entertained me to the depths of my soul with the telling of her tale, "The Hunt for Red October".  Let's bring that precious cargo out of the closet and use that baby!  Here's the KS blouse with her red blazer or a neutral twill jacket.
Red October
J.Crew twill jacket / H&M blazer / GAP Boyfriend jeans / Kate Spade earrings / Women's Mossimo Vira Shootie Assorted Colors

Lastly, February is coming up and I thought this Bloom sweater would be oh so whimsical!   It does cover up  most of the print, but how fun would it be to see some of it peeking out?  The black collar would give the sweater a vintage Peter Pan collar-esque look.

 I love seeing Kerry in her hats because I cannot pull off a hat AT ALL, so I threw in this mustard slouch hat for some warmth and color.  The pants are a bit much, but K's a print expert so she'll find a way to mix two prints together!  I'm also digging the red laces on these booties!
cozy love


H&M slim fit jeans, $24 / Madewell high heel booties / Anthropologie Bib necklace / Jewelry / Slouch hat / bloom heart sweater


5 comments:

Amy Shaughnessy at: January 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM said...

I definitely like it with the boyfriend jeans. A nice, easy look.

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Katie at: January 11, 2013 at 12:27 PM said...

so many cute outfits! what a fun top!

Kerry at: January 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM said...

So fun, Isabel!

Pep it Up! & Red Octobering are my faves!! I agree with Amy on the blouse with the boyfriend jeans. Definitely an effortless vibe going on. I want that fun orange Halogen bag in the first set - such an incredible price! Great find!

And yes! I'm into those fringed booties! I actually just bought some the other day! Stay tuned... they'll be on the blog soon!

Thanks for the ideas! xoxo

Faux ionista at: January 12, 2013 at 9:36 PM said...

Red Octobering would be my favorite pick of the looks. Love the blazer and jacket you picked to pair with the shirt! :)

Maigen at: January 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM said...

I'm with K about the Halogen bag! Awesome AND affordable!

I also really love your peplum tops! Super cute!

*M

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...