Style That Item: Meredith's Dress & Skirt



8 comments

Maigen's gorgeous sister Meredith {Lily's mom} requested our help with styling two of her clothing items. I love the bright orange color of her dress and the fun chevron pattern in her skirt. Both items hold a lot of year-round potential for this Hawaii resident and new mom.
{alternative}

{not a very similar alternative, but I love it nonetheless}


This first look is one that would be appropriate for taking Meredith's daughter to any mommy-and-me classes or play dates. I suggest layering the lace tank and the lightweight cotton/silk top over the dress and removing the sash, thus utilizing it as a skirt. Pulling from the gorgeous colors in the top, I couldn't help but pick these purple studs {while I do adore my gumdrop studs, this square version is my new favorite amongst the Kate Spade varieties}. I love floral and stripes together, so these precious glittered flats and roomy tote were just what I was looking for to complete this outfit. I love the graphic and feminine vibe.
TOP // TANK // EARRINGS // BRACELET // FLATS // BAG


For church I thought Meredith's orange dress would look great under a tailored blazer or a boyfriend cardigan {I don't know about Meredith, but I'm always cold at church}. I love the playfulness of this lightweight bike scarf, and I'm a huge fan of orange and purple together. These Cynthia Vincent wedges are too unique and versatile to pass up; I'm loving all of the colors that are subtly mixed into the pattern. Every girl needs some sparkle, and these bedazzled studs add a touch of iridescence into the mix. The diaper bag is a fun and functional addition to this outfit, allowing Meredith to fashionably store all of Lily's necessities.


For date nights with her husband, I thought Meredith could add some edginess to her skirt. The peplum top could be worn tucked or untucked, and I love the idea of it layered with this faux leather jacket. I think that mint compliments the colors in the skirt really nicely, so pulled it in through the accessories. While the style of the shoes is definitely not a style I would typically gravitate towards, there is something about them that I really like. I hope Meredith does, too!


Lastly is a look for errand running and general everyday activities. A chambray top worn alone or layered with a tank is a great way to look effortless. I suggest knotting it at the waist or partially tucking it in to bump up the effortless vibe. A crossbody bag is an errand-running essential, as are some stylish flats. I have a crush on these studded {and very affordable!} sandals. The leaf studs {so pretty in person} and layered strand necklace add the right amount of sparkle. 


I hope this helps, Meredith! 
Do you have any ideas for how to style her dress and skirt?

Happy almost-weekend!

8 comments:

Lilly at: January 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM said...

These are all so cute! Since baybays are on the 2-5 year plan I will now sometimes rationalize a purchase if I can see myself wearing it to a casual day at work OR mommy and me. Your picks definitely fit the bill! I love those cynthia vincent wedges and want to buy the steve madden sandals for this summer, if I can actually be good about keeping my toes pretty this year!

Kerry at: January 17, 2013 at 6:16 PM said...

Thanks, Lilly! I'm 10000% with you on buying those Steve Madden sandals! I can't typically wear shoes with ankle straps {thanks a lot, stubby legs!}, but I'm thinking since those are a nice flesh-tone that they could work!

xoxo

Amy Shaughnessy at: January 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM said...

I like the date night outfit. That leather jacket is perfect with the skirt!

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

phiphis blog at: January 17, 2013 at 7:36 PM said...

i can totally see that long maxi skirt with layers, some lace and a denim jacket too, for a bohemian feel.

your styling options are gorgeous and versatile!

phiphi's blog

SewPetiteGal at: January 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM said...

I'm not a good styler so no suggestions here :) Love what you pulled together - especially those striped flats!

Maigen at: January 24, 2013 at 8:28 AM said...

Super cute options, Kerry!! Mere liked them too! She said she was going to write comments, but obviously hasn't gotten around to it yet! (New mom ;))
I like the date night one the best! But the one with the stripes is a close second! Great job, friend!
*M

Kerry at: January 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM said...

Thanks, Amy! I really like the leather jacket with the skirt too! : )

Great styling advice, P! A denim jacket and lace would be perfect.

Thanks SPG! The flats are my favorites!

Thanks, M! Glad Meredith found some inspiration!

xoxo

Mere at: January 31, 2013 at 1:03 AM said...

Love it, Love it, LOVE it! Thanks Kerry!! I really like your ideas. I am in love with the "date night" look with that shirt/jacket combo, and I am always partial to that mint color. The "playdates" look has some sweet accessories, but I think that I need that pair of Steve Madden sandals. :)

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...