Style That Item: My Kate Spade Jessie Blouse



7 comments
I snatched up this Kate Spade Jessie Blouse about a month ago on super sale from KateSpade.com {no longer on the KS site; find it here}. I had my eye on it for awhile, but I wasn't too keen on the original price tag. Thankfully my patience paid off, and I got a great deal on a blouse that I longed for for awhile before my size sold out! Gotta love that.

As much as I do adore this Garance Dore print, it is stumping me when it comes to styling it in a multitude of ways. I know that there are probably endless options, I'm just struggling to come up with them. So I asked my stylish friends M & I to give a girl a hand! Say hello to this month's



First up is the way that I wore it to my husband's MBA graduation! YAY!!
:: with Dalles' family ::

It was bright, hence the squinting
SKIRT: J.Crew {in Deep Violet} // TIGHTS: Anthropologie {mine are from a few years ago and they don't snag easily at all like the review for this version states} // SHOES: Steve Madden // BAG: LV Speedy 35

And now some virtual looks...

Black can be easy to wear with pretty much everything, and this top is no exception in that category. Since pairing it with black is a very simple solution, I wanted to be sure that the black I used was a bit more interesting than just a simple black pencil skirt. That's why I opted for layering the shirt under a dress with an interesting texture {lace on the left and faux leather/gauzy pleats on the right}. I love that my polka dot tights provide some additional visual interest. Keeping with the theme of simple and feminine, I added in a black bow clutch, and some very ladylike gold capped black suede shoes. And, surprise! I used my favoritest of most favorites studs, Kate Spade gumdrops, as the icing on this outfit's cake.



While I am using another LBD {loving the peplum on this one} to pair with my blouse, I'm upping the color quotient with some gorgeous pops of blue in the earrings, ring, and shoes. I've got the blues on this one because my heart longs for those gorgeous Miu Miu glitter-heeled shoes, but even at 40% off they're still no friend to my wallet. 



When wearing this shirt to church, I thought it would be fun to accentuate the bright yellow in the print by wearing a bold yellow skirt. It looks so happy, like a ray of sunshine! I really love the idea of wearing that collar necklace over the collar of the shirt to give it a little more razzle dazzle. Adding in some classic black and white is pretty fool proof, so the polka dotted heels {seen previously here} and the striped tote were no brainers when it came to completing this Church Lady look.
STUDS // COLLAR // TOTE // SKIRT // HEELS



Though I did "retire" from teaching, I still sub from time to time. I've enjoyed it because it get to dabble in the two things I miss from my former career: the kids and the teaching, and I don't have to deal with all the other stuff that I don't miss. Win-win! For those days when I'm back on campus, my shirt can be paired with houndstooth printed pants, an orange cardigan, classic quilted and glittered Chanel-eque flats, and some simple jewelry. This look makes me want to work nine to five!



For this Winter Stroll look I wanted to use this amazing coat {it comes in petites!}, but then I realized two things: 1. You wouldn't be able to see the top, and 2. It's not cold enough here for it. Hence, a wool blazer is adequate coverage for a winter stroll in these Texan parts. Keeping things very feminine are those fun bow studs {previously seen here} and those fun tweed shoes. I really love leopard print with this top, and this leopard duffle is pretty perfect. 
BLAZER // STUDS // BAG // PANTS // SHOES



Continuing my love of this pairing, leopard is again on tap for weekend wear. I couldn't decide on the cut of denim nor the shoes, so I kept both in as potential options. I'm in love with that bow belt, and just might have to make it mine soon. I opted for two handbag options: a gorgeous camel and orange tote for running errands and a fun dotted clutch for grabbing lunch with my sweet husband or some friends. 



This last look is for those days when I get to play errand girl. A cozy cashmere cardi and my awesome black skinnies {which are so comfy that they're akin to wearing yoga pants, y'all} set the comfortable, yet very stylish stage for my blouse. Crossbodies are essential when running errands, and this gorgeous purple one adds a fun new punch of color. I like my polka dotty loafers with this look {seen previously in another Style That Item feature; I's takeM's take, my take}, and I've kept the jewelry simple again, with the cute spade studs and my latest necklace crush, which I now own thanks to Santa. I thought it appropriate to wear a clock necklace when running errands, since time is of the essence.
CARDIGAN // NECKLACE // STUDS // PANTS // CROSSBODY // FLATS {no longer available}


Any styling suggestions for my blouse? I'd love to hear 'em!

7 comments:

Carol Li at: January 3, 2013 at 11:55 AM said...

I love this post. Patterns can sometimes be hard to wear.

Like you, I always pick a colour from the pattern and wear that colour as part of the outfit to bring the outfit together.

www.petitestyleonline.com

phiphis blog at: January 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM said...

love all of these iterations - the blouse is adorable! it looks awesome on you!! xox

phiphi's blog

Lilly at: January 3, 2013 at 4:19 PM said...

All of thesea are so cute! Another congrats on the MBA procurement. I was never as good at fitting in with the fashionable SMU elite as you are when Markus was finishing his undergrad there.

Kerry at: January 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM said...

Thanks, Carol! and P!

Thanks, Lilly! You're too sweet! I got my M.Ed. from SMU and always felt like such a slob when on campus! SMU gals know how to dress!

xoxo

Amy Shaughnessy at: January 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM said...

You look so cute!! I love all of these options. Especially the yellow skirt.

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Kerry at: January 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM said...

Thanks so much, Amy! I think I might have to add a yellow skirt to my wardrobe soon. It's so bright and cheery! : )
xoxo

Maigen at: January 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM said...

All so cute! YOU look fab, and also LOVING the "Church Lady" and "Nine to Five!"

The first thing that came to my mind is leopard print to pair with this print, so I was super-excited to see you do that! I think that will be SUCH a fabulous look that you should don asap! :)

*M

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...