Filling the Gaps // Rain Boots



6 comments
I'm back again with another gap that needs to be filled! Tops on my list of MUST.PURCHASE.THIS.YEAR. items are some new rain boots. My current pair of Sperry's is very worn and has a rather outdated paisley pattern. I don't get much mileage out of them, not due to lack of rain, but instead due to the pattern, which is not easily coordinated. I'm convinced I want a pair of Hunters, but I'm torn between a classic flat green pair or a more colorful glossy pair.
Clockwise from top left
Original Tall in Green // Original Tall in Flame
Original Tall in New Green // Original Tall Gloss in Violet {previously seen here}
I obviously love the green because I know that they'd be so easy to pair with whatever I'm wearing. This picture of Rachel Bilson totally sways me towards the green. But on the other hand, the brighter, bolder colors pull at my heart-strings and seem much more indicative of my personality {especially you, Flame}. What do you think? Should I go for the standard, easy to coordinate with green pair {and if so, the duller original green or the brighter new green}? Or do I go for a happily bold and glossy pair?


6 comments:

Maigen at: February 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM said...

I definitely vote bold & glossy!! Love the flame and the purple! :). Tough choice!! You will have to update us on your final decision! Can't wait to see which one you pick!

*M

Lilly at: February 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM said...

I love Hunter boots! I have the tweed Lady N's from where I saw Kate Middleton in them, I guess about 5 years ago. My godmother gave me her green ones for keeps before I went to New York and I love them! The new glossy colors are so cute, my friend just got some in yellow and I think flame has that classic look while really popping out!

Lisa - respect the shoes at: February 11, 2013 at 9:42 PM said...

The green ones are a classic but those violet ones are stand out! I have a pair of basic red Kamiks - I love feeling like Paddington Bear on rain days!

Amy Shaughnessy at: February 12, 2013 at 12:30 PM said...

I was just thinking this same thing today! It has been rainy all day and I am trying to figure out what to wear when I leave the house.

Amy
Fashion and Beauty Finds

SewPetiteGal at: February 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM said...

I vote for bright green! i tried a glossy gray once and wasn't much of a fan of how very shiny they were. Maybe I'm just weird though lol

Kerry at: February 17, 2013 at 7:54 PM said...

M - I'm not surprised your vote goes in the bold/glossy category! It's too hard to choose!

Lilly - Thanks for the plug for the glossy flame. I feel so torn!

Lisa - I love that you have Paddington Bear-esque rain boots! So cute!

Amy - It rains way too often here and every time it does I'm kicking myself for not making up my mind yet!

SPG - Thanks for your advice! I'm worried about the shine factor on the glossier pairs, too!

Decisions, decisions! xoxo

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...