Films on the Brain



3 comments
So, I've been doing a lot of research lately and working pretty hard on a screenplay.  I think it could end up being really awesome!  Anyway, I'm very excited about it and about the possibilities.  Ergo, good movies are on my mind.  And, I just saw one from my list...
image via

I loved this movie!  It was touching, funny, sad, dramatic, hopeful, and featured the most lovable, quirky, or umm, just downright weird characters... Okay, they're crazy.  But, that's why you love them.  And, are you kidding me, Chris Tucker, can you please stop being sooo freaking hilarious!?  You almost made me pee my pants, I was laughing so hard! 

I highly recommend this movie.  I will be buying it, and that's saying something!  Do prepare yourself for some major f-bombs, but also prepare yourself to just get swept away in the story and to really be rooting for the characters in the end.  Which, by the way, is just plain divine!  The last 10 minutes are absolutely wonderful.  This is what I want my movie to be! 

Also, I'm already wagging my tail {metaphorically} about this:  
image via
The Great Gatsby.  Watch the trailer here.

Gatsby?  DiCaprio? Luhrmann?  Umm, normally I ain't no holla-back girl {not in the traditional sense of letting people walk all over you, but in this instance used to mean literally: hollering}, but can I get a "hell yeah?!"  This is going to be something!  My favorite book of all time and one of the best actors of our day!?  I will be there, with my flapper-dress on.  Not literally.  Unless someone is going to host a dress-up showing.  Which I strongly advise.  Ahem, Angelika

And, in other {perhaps less cinematically-important news}, I really want to see the new "Die Hard."  And I love that it's opening on Valentine's Day!  Because, as in some years of my youth, Bruce Willis is going to be my stand-in Valentine.  But, ooh, la, la, he's hunky for an old man!  {And, his "son in DH isn't too shabby, either!}
image via
Happy VD, all you lovers out there!



3 comments:

Lilly at: February 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM said...

Ahhh! Really want to see Silver Linings Playbook! That is so exciting about your screenplay!! And I can't wait to go to Great Gatsby with book club and agree that we should dress up. :o)

Kerry at: February 17, 2013 at 7:50 PM said...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GREAT GATSBY! D and I have already planned to go see it at iPic, which if you haven't been to one of those theaters before, you must! xoxo

Maigen at: February 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM said...

I know, Gatsby is going to be SO amazing! I can't wait!!!

*M

Post a Comment

Comments make us smile! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

newer post older post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...